I was tagged by Tree Gold and Bee Gold.
Okay, if I understand this correctly, the first thing I must do is post the rules:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you have tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this.' blah, blah, blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people
- I went to the NYS finals for spelling bee champion in the 6th grade.
- I miss my great grandmother almost every day. She taught me to crochet when I was so young I don't remember learning, but I do remember making entire afghans at age 7. She also gave me my love of baking. Miss you Nana.
- Despite what people told me for years, I really don't regret not having children, I'm just not cut out for that.
- I am really making an effort to get the money together to move before I return to school in the summer. I want an apartment with 2 bedrooms so I don't have to have my office in my bedroom.
- I have repeatedly tried to get my Associates Degree in Accounting and have always ended up dropping out when my drinking got out of control I'm really sure I'll be able to finish that degree by the end of the year. (As long as the class I need fits into my schedule in the fall, that is.)
- I was a total brain in high school and hated every minute of it.
- I look back on many of the things I did when drinking and cringe; but I also thank Goddess for letting me live through them, because I really like the person I am today.
- I live to sit home alone in the dark and watch scary movies, not gore or torture porn, but really scary ones. "Fallen" is a favorite.
- I love Mexican and Chinese food, as well as comfort foods like casseroles and meatloaf.
- My man was over one night when "True Blood' came on and instead of rolling his eyes as I tried to explain who everyone was, he listened, watched and even asked about characters when they came on screen if he didn't know who they were. Awesome or what?
- I have fallen out of touch with my family due to my drinking but would love to reestablish those bonds.
I would sleep late, rent some videos, and order lots of food in, then just veg out in front of the TV. Of course I'd have to do some baking and some reading during the day too, and I can't help multitasking so I'd crochet as I watched the videos.
2. Did you have a childhood pet?
Yes, we had a couple of different dogs as I was growing up. But the one that captured my heart was a Pekingese named Fuji-Yama. He was the runt of the litter and very sick when he was a puppy so he was a pretty quiet little dog. He was my best buddy at home.
3. If you could move anywhere ( and be sure of a job, etc) where would it be?
San Francisco, I don't really know why, I have just felt incredibly drawn to being there the past few years, and its not that far from LA which is a plus for a huge TV/movie fanatic like me.
4. Do you do any type of crafts?
Yes, I do-I crochet and I do candle making. I haven't mastered knitting yet, but I can crochet almost anything, if you give me enough time to work out a pattern and to play at it if something doesn't work.
5. What is one of your favorite holiday dishes to cook?
Christmas cookies!! I love to bake and actually any holiday is good for me to make dozens of cookies and many different types.
6. What is your favorite shape?
Mine is a spiral; again I don't know why, I've just loved the way they look since I was a child.
7. Morning person or not?
This is a little difficult. I generally work overnights so my morning starts at about 7pm. I am definitely a night person, and I'm really very efficient when I first get up so I guess I'm a morning person, just my morning is everyone else's night!!!
8. How do you take your coffee and/or tea?
I actually drink mainly Pepsi Max, and yes that includes first thing when I get up. I do enjoy tea, usually with honey and lemon, though sometimes herbal teas I will drink without anything extra added. Not a coffee fan at all, not even flavored, foamed, macchiatoed, whatever you do to them coffees. lol
9. What is your preferred movie genre?
Definitely action, with suspense running a close second. So not into the whole gore and/or torture porn things. They're not scary, they're actually just kind of pathetic, though I do admire the Rube Goldberg ways of killing people in the Final Destination movies.
10. Were you ever a "wild child"?
Not when I was an actual child, I was actually the geeky, brainy type. I was much more of a wild child in my twenties when my drinking and partying days really started.
11. How geeky are you on a scale of 1-10?
I would have to say I'm around a 7 on a general scale and maybe an 8.5 on movie and TV trivia.
The 11 Questions I'm Asking
- What is your favorite mindless entertainment?
- What has been your favorite age?
- Cat person or dog person?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What's your favorite time of day?
- And your favorite season?
- And lastly for favorites holiday?
- Where would you most like to visit?
- What was your best vacation?
- What would your perfect vacation be?
- What would your perfect day be like?
Who I'm Tagging
1. Faeries Wheel
2. Dark Wiccan
3. Merlyn's Magick
4. Magick Diva
5. Mists of Manannán
6. Chaos Witch
7. The Pagan In Me
8. The Twisting Path
9. A Witch's Journey
10. A Witch's World of Wonder
11. The Life of An Imperfect Pagan
Of course anyone who doesn't want to participate or who has already been tagged, don't do it!! This is supposed to be fun, don't forget that!!